Free Legal Services provided by District Legal Services Authority:
1. Payment of court fee, process fees and all other charges payable or incurred in connection with any legal proceedings;
2. Providing Advocate in a legal proceedings;
3. Obtaining and supply of certified copies of orders and other documents in legal proceedings.
Preparation of appeal, paper book including printing and translation of documents in legal proceedings.
Eligible persons for getting free legal services
1. Women and children
2. Members of SC/ST
3. Industrial workmen
4. Victims of mass disaster, violence, flood, drought, earthquake, industrial disaster
5. Disabled persons
6. Person in custody
7. Persons whose annual income does not exceed Rs. 1,00,000/-
Free Legal Services can be availed from:
1. Supreme Court Legal Services Committee,109, Lawyers Chambers, Supreme Court of India, New Delhi for Supreme Court Cases.
2. State Legal Services Authority.
3. High Court Legal Services Committee situated at High Court Complex in every High Court for High Court cases.
4. District Legal Services Authority situated in the District Courts Complex in every District.